Proposals and awards
The OVPRI Division of Sponsored Programs manages all externally sponsored projects for Virginia Commonwealth University.
We assist faculty and staff in submitting extramural proposals to and accepting awards from all funding sources on behalf of the university. We also negotiate confidentiality non-disclosure, material transfer and data use agreements.
We aim to foster a scholarly climate that inspires creativity, a free and open exchange of ideas, critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, freedom of expression and intellectual integrity.
Our system allows for paperless routing of all major project transactions.
We provide a step-by-step guide through the phases of a sponsored project.
Browse our institutional facts and reference documents to find the data you need.
[Plain text area]
Find your team
The Office of Sponsored Programs has established teams to serve our faculty better. Each department is assigned to a team that works on all aspects of sponsored programs administration for the department.
- Blue team: email@example.com
- Gold team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Green team: email@example.com
- Red team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gray team: email@example.com
[Content highlight block]
The Division of Sponsored Programs can assist you with:
- Reviewing and approving sponsored programs proposals
- Negotiating and executing sponsored program agreements
- Reviewing and submitting administrative actions related to sponsored projects
- Interpreting regulatory and contractual requirements/terms of these relationships
- Provide formal, informal and ad hoc training and advice in connection with sponsored projects
We also maintain sponsored program data and make it available to VCU faculty and administrators.
[Plain text area]
VCU research administrators are invited to subscribe to our listserv, RES-ADM. The listserv is a place to share information, ask questions about theory or practice and find out how others have solved the problem you are facing.
Our team uses the listserv as a means of getting information to the research community, including special program announcements, sponsor-issued changes and training opportunities.